PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : A Marike Reimer Gallery

Ian Newbold
11.03.2012, 19:13
We've just built a Newbold World Gallery featuring some of the super paintjobs created by Marike Reimer. If you like a little gentle browsing you'll find the gallery at :-

http://www.newboldworld.com/NewboGals/FigGals/FFP/12MR1/index.html

:)

zaphod
11.03.2012, 19:40
Interesting!

May I ask whether this site is officially endorsed by the respective painters? How does your collection for charity work? Do you auction off stuff?

Regards,
Zaphod

Ian Newbold
11.03.2012, 23:02
Hi Zaphod

The answers to your questions end up being quite long and I've just lost both of them by being timed out. So i'll do them seperately this time, each in their own post. :)

Cheers
Ian

Ian Newbold
11.03.2012, 23:14
Hi Zaphod

Answer to Question 1 :-

We do not ask or expect anyone to endorse our site. it is a rather eccentric and unusual creation and we would be surprised if anyone liked every aspect of it as much as we do! :)

Many of our galleries feature work that we admire but do not own. We always ask the artists and figure painters concerned for their permission to feature their work in this way. We choose the work to feature and how it will be displayed.

We have a different set of galleries that feature the artwork or figures that we own as a result of commissions or ebay purchases. We do not ask for permission to display this work.

Cheers
Ian

Ian Newbold
11.03.2012, 23:33
Hi Again Zaphod

Answer to 2nd Question :-

In essence we sponsor activities that we enjoy being associated with. For example we provide cash prizes for the winners of our Creative Events and we make matching donations to charity. We provide stock to sell in our Challenge Shoppe or auction on ebay and donate all the income it generates to charity without any deuctions for our costs.

And other people make their own contributions to charity via the Challenge. For example a whole bunch of very generous folk sponsored my successful completion of last year's London Marathon. Occasionally one of our Event winners donate all or part of their prizes to charity or auction one of their entries. Last year Reaper Miniatures and Myrmidon Miniatures very kindly donated figures free of charge for us to sell in our Challenge Shoppe. And a whole bunch of other super people donate their small change via the Challenge because they do not have the time or skill to paticipate directly in our Events but want to support our efforts.

Everything we do is really quite small but we've been doing it for six years now and it is beginning to add up (over 30,000 GBP) thanks to all the people who have joined in. :)

Cheers
Ian

zaphod
12.03.2012, 02:08
Hey Ian,

lol, now I lost my message as well, not sure why actually...

I think that all sounds rather awesome! I bookmarked you site and will check it out frequently.

I wish you continued success with your activities in the future!

Regards,
Zaphod