PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Last Stand of Nuln (Gold Diorami - italian GD 2011)

franciuus
18.10.2011, 13:06
hi all,
this is the second project i doing with the world master of sculpt Mariano Numitone. was a very difficult 54mm project that give me opportunity to study a lot of things.

i have to thanks a lot Mariano Numitone Numi, for this other opportunity: painting your piece is the dream that all painters in the world have, for me is the nirvana my friend! hope this collaboration contue agai and again and again.

i will try to do some tutorial article about this piece, so for now i don't' say nothing especial, but for all comments of feedback or request i'm here for you.

http://www.farabi.it/immagini/nuln/nuln_cmon.jpg

Cmon:
details: http://www.coolminiornot.com/289950
full scene: http://www.coolminiornot.com/289949

for the very bigger pictures check on legioPictorum: http://www.farabi.it/LegioPictorum/viewtopic.php?t=15714

in the next few days here you can find also the green pictures.

hope you like, and all your comments are really appreciate.

Franciuus

p.s. i want to thank Picster for the time we passed togheter at the GD italia. a great person and artist, see you soon on Monte San Savino.

-Matt Cexwish-
18.10.2011, 13:14
Great, Great, Great... What Scale is that...??...

HOT Runner for the Sword, very Difficult to Judge on which Entry was better... LOVE it... Very Condensed, Great Ambience and Feeling... More then Well done... Masterful... :cool:...

Only thing that strikes me is that the Grey Stones could use some additional Colours and / or Tiny Details... Rest is Spectacular...

Do you have this Piece in your Book, too...?...

SK4TE
18.10.2011, 13:34
@Matt: It is 54mm as written on CMON.

Great work, great work. Nothing more to say.

jar
18.10.2011, 15:11
Breathtaking, truely!

Zee
18.10.2011, 15:21
Awesome work man!
Love the man on the grund with an arrow in his Neck!
Greetings

ben_komets
18.10.2011, 16:37
Hey Franciuuuuuus,
so sweet.. i love it.. nice movement and ambience!!
its funny how they fit totally to GW styl but at the same time the looks so so much more live like..Bravo!!
cheers
ben

moses
18.10.2011, 16:53
just pure awesomeness! must be a very close cut for the sword!

the painting very clear and smoth, looks almost like the historicalstuff you can see on events like the duke of bavaria.

the only thing i miss on this epic piece is the grit and dirt of the battlefield. for a last stand, these guys look to fresh. clean clothes, no bruises, no blood.

maybe a bit dirt here and there, wheatering on the cloth, some blood on the dead or wounded might have brought you a nice little pointy blade.

anyway, just great, hope to see it in reallife someday.

moses

Tuffskull
18.10.2011, 18:23
Stunning work! I love it. The concept is great!

franciuus
18.10.2011, 18:37
well thank you all, is always a pleasure to share with your community a work, because of your participation very kind and also because you do always interesting comments and feedback

for the question of dirt... yes you may be absolutely right, but there are a reason because a i choose to not put a lot of dirt.

is because no body to body fight have been doing here, this is "long distance attack, is like some terrible enemy attach the bastion of the castle and the soldiers go to the broken part for make some last stand, but a great swarm of arrow arrive and kill them all. if you look no soldiers have blade weapon, only guns, also the campion shouted with arrow in the neck try to brig his guns, not a sword for example.

about blood... yes interesting in effect! also because i think you know i am an habitual gory painters (i make a lot of blood effect in my miniatures) but we talk a lot with Numi about how much blood i have to put and in effect i study that arrows shot don't create some squirrel blood effect because is very direct and quick, and just a little quantity of blood exit from the "hurt parts" before you pull off the arrow from it.

i hope is understandable ahaha my english is very poor!

anyway, thank you for this comments very interesting to answer to your "discussion idea"!!

for matt: thank you my friend! i can't wait the time to laugh with you again in italy on Monte!!
about the base, yes could be more contrasted, i try to do this but the very dark intensity of the figure with a more bright base became "more hidden", the base "destroy" the atmosphere... so for that i return with a lot of washes to a very dark base.

also for you, very interesting point of discussion!
is always a pleasure!

ave to all and thank you!

Tuffskull
18.10.2011, 20:14
By the way, this reminds me on a diorama with fighting knights at rhodes fighting against osmans

Bestienmeister
19.10.2011, 10:10
Hi,

you combine the quality of one of the best sculptors with one of the best painters in the world. The result is beyond anything I have seen before. I love your clear style of painting, you reduce it to the minimum, no fancy extras, no use of whatsoever new medium or stuff. That is what I admire most, the pure Jedi-power of you painting-skills. A lot to learn from you we have....^^
I hope to see this in real life at the Duke of Bavaria, and I hope this time you will bring it on your own. :)

Cu, :D

moses
19.10.2011, 13:41
Thanks for explaining! Its one thing to look at a model and make up your own mind and then talk to person how did it and learn his intention behind the scene.
And now i see the whole scene with new eyes.

Thanks again. Hope to see it at the Duke next year.

StefanHWS
19.10.2011, 13:49
Love it. The texture of the banner looks so real. All these Freehands. It's just a dream. 8)

franciuus
20.10.2011, 10:28
Hi,

you combine the quality of one of the best sculptors with one of the best painters in the world. The result is beyond anything I have seen before. I love your clear style of painting, you reduce it to the minimum, no fancy extras, no use of whatsoever new medium or stuff. That is what I admire most, the pure Jedi-power of you painting-skills. A lot to learn from you we have....^^
I hope to see this in real life at the Duke of Bavaria, and I hope this time you will bring it on your own. :)

Cu, :D

ahahaha Thank you chris but, till now, i don't' try yet to paint with my lightsaber :):)

i really hope mate to be in Ingolstandt this year, i will made all my possible for come!

Ave and thank you all!

franciuus
03.11.2011, 11:50
i dont' know if this is the correct place to say this on this forum, so sorry if i doing somethings incorrect!

i just want to inform that this piece is ON SALE.

if anyone is interested contact me at francesco@farabi.it

thank you!

Francesco